WUMB’s Blues Music Camp offers a full weekend of classes and workshops exploring a wide range of blues styles and forms, from guitar to harmonica to vocal and ensemble-playing. We’ve invited some of the best blues and roots musicians in New England to share their expertise and insights during this new camp sponsored by WUMB.
The weekend will be filled with intensive instruction, jamming, workshops, concerts, a student concert, musical collaboration, and opportunities to learn directly from instructors attuned to the needs of each student. Plus, it’ll be beautiful leaf-peeping season at the foot of New Hampshire’s White Mountains!
No matter your musical skill or experience, you can enjoy your time at WUMB’s Blues Music Camp. Class levels range from elementary to advanced.
• 2-person room: $525 Member / $575 Non-Member
• *Single w/double bed: $825 Member / $875 Non-Member
• A deposit of $250 reserves your space.
• Payment balance is due by 08/15/2018.
• Cancellation by August 15, 2018: Full refund minus a $100 processing fee.
• Cancellation by August 31, 2018: full refund minus $150 processing fee.
• Cancellation within four weeks up to start of camp: $250 processing fee.
• Cancellation after start of camp: all payments non-refundable.
• Phone cancellations must be followed by confirmation in writing either by emailing email@example.com or sending in a written consent/acknowledgement to:
WUMB Radio – Blues Music Camp
University of Massachusetts
100 Morrissey Boulevard
Boston, MA 02125-3393
• *The Single w/double bed rooms are limited and will be reserved on a first come, first served basis. If balance is not paid in full by August 15, 2018, reservations for these rooms will be cancelled and a $150 cancellation fee will be charged.
• Minimum age for enrollment is 18.
• Space is limited.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weather and Environment
Fall in New Hampshire is unpredictable – prepare for rain and for temperatures ranging from warm to chilly; definitely bring a coat! Also note that the camp is located in the woods next to a lake, and you need to be vigilant to be careful of your surroundings especially with regards to uneven terrain, bugs, ticks and other critters.
What to Bring or not Bring
To be prepared for all the activities and weather, here are some suggestions on what to bring with you:
• Linens and towels are provided. A coin-operated laundry is available at the Center.
• A small fan with extension cord.
• Sweatshirt/Jacket/Rain Gear/Poncho and closed-toe shoes for cool evenings or rainy days.
• Bug spray.
• Your own snack food and any special dietary meals.
• A well labeled mug for water or coffee.
• An extra blanket or sleeping bag.
• Please DO NOT bring hairdryers, curling irons, coffee machines or other heat-producing appliances.
The SAMW store stocks music accessories, instructors’ CDs and cassettes, sweatshirts, mugs, t-shirts, and an assortment of music related items. Please see the schedule for store hours.
The Geneva Point Store
Our host site, the Geneva Point Center, operates a small store on the grounds offering many necessities and great ice cream!
The Geneva Point Center is located approximately 3 miles from a general store. In addition, Center Harbor is just 6 miles from the camp and Moultonboro is close by as well (refer to the map).
Emergency Phone Numbers
The Geneva Point Emergency Phone number is 603-253-4366. During off hours there is a beeper number on the answering machine for absolute emergencies.