!!***STILL A FEW SPACES LEFT***!!
REGISTRATION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL MAY 4, OR UNTIL WE ARE SOLD OUT.
Please check out the full camp information and sign up today! This is going to be one fine weekend for all of us, and we would love to include a few more campers!
For Aspiring And Experienced Songwriters
WUMB will host our first-ever Springtime Acoustic Music Weekend,
“The Singer and the Song”
May 5 – 7, 2017, in Groton, Massachusetts.
Come discover, develop, hone and celebrate your singing, songwriting and performance skills in an acoustic music retreat with these inspired, inspiring teachers:
John Doerschuk Christine Lavin
Bob Franke Kate Long
Bennett Hammond David Massengill
Lorraine Hammond Sloan Wainwright
Lodging and six meals are included. Groton is about an hour northwest of downtown Boston. The camp is in a beautifully wooded area, with comfortable facilities. The walk between buildings is on fairly level ground. All bedrooms are doubles, with private or shared bathrooms. The food is hearty, plentiful, and well prepared.
Registration opens at 4:00 on Friday afternoon, and dinner is at six.
Alcohol is not allowed at any Acoustic Music Weekend.
Depart the campus on Sunday by 3:00pm.
The fees for The Singer and the Song Music Weekend are as follows:
- Prescott Lodge
2 person room with private bath $525 member $575 non-member
- Blanchard Hall
2 person room with shared bath $450 member $500 non-member
- $200 deposit at the time of registration reserves your spot
- Cost includes meals, lodging and classes
- Final payments are due no later than May 4th, 2017
- Cancellation by April 15th: full refund minus $100 processing fee.
- Cancellation up to 4 weeks prior to start of camp session: full refund minus $150 processing fee.
- Cancellation within four weeks up to start of each camp session: deposit non-refundable – payment over $200 will be refunded.
- Cancellation within 48 hours of start of camp: all payments non-refundable.
- Phone cancellations must be followed by confirmation in writing. You may email your confirmation to
Weather and Environment
Prepare for changeable spring weather, so bring layers, rain gear and sturdy shoes or boots! But all of the housing is heated, so you’ll be plenty cozy inside. The camp is located in the beautiful Groton forest by a lake, so be ready to get outdoorsy.
What Else to Bring:
- Single-sized sheets, pillows and pillowcases, blankets, towels and toiletries.
- Alarm clock
- Your own marked mug for coffee – there are coffee makers in several lounges and the dining hall
- Your musical instruments including singing voices
- A recording device
The SAMW store stocks music accessories, instructors’ CDs, sweatshirts, mugs, t-shirts, and an assortment of music related items. Please see the schedule for store hours.
Grotonwood Camp is located approximately 5 miles from a major grocery store.
The Grotonwood Camp number is (978) 448-5763.