Sponsored by WUMB Radio in Boston, Massachusetts, SAMW offers an exuberant week of intensive instruction, jamming, workshops, concerts and musical collaboration with instructors attuned to the needs of each student. Class topics include Flatpicking and Fingerstyle Guitar, Fiddle, Banjo, Mandolin, Voice, Blues Styles, and Songwriting, as well as the opportunity to learn sound reinforcement skills. Community dancing is also a playful component of the program.
• Dock Road I-K & Cottages (3-person cabins): $975 Member / $1025 Non-Member
• College Row, Dock Road A-F (2-person cabins): $1025 Member / $1050 Non-Member
• *Inn 2nd Floor: $1050 Member / $1075 Non-Member
• *Cabin Z, Tree Line Cabins, Inn Second Floor, double bed: $1075 Member / $1100 Non-Member
• A deposit of $250 for each session reserves your space.
• Payment balance is due by June 1, 2019.
• Cancellation by June 1, 2019: Full refund minus a $100 processing fee.
• Cancellation up to four weeks prior to the start of camp: full refund minus $150 processing fee.
• Cancellation between four and two weeks prior to the start of camp: $250 processing fee.
• Cancellation after August 2, 2019: all payments non-refundable.
• Phone cancellations must be followed by confirmation in writing either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or sending in a written consent/acknowledgement to:
• *The 2nd floor of the Inn, Cabin Z and Tree Line Cabin rooms are limited and will be reserved on a first come, first served basis. If balance is not paid in full by June 1, 2019, reservations for these rooms will be cancelled and a $150 cancellation fee will be charged.
• Minimum age for enrollment is 18.
• Space is limited.
For more information, email email@example.com .
Weather and Environment
This part of New Hampshire can be warm in summer months, but if it rains, it can be kind of cool. Also note that the camp is located in the woods next to a lake, and you need to be vigilant to be careful of your surroundings especially with regards to uneven terrain, bugs, ticks and other critters.
To be prepared for all the activities and weather, here are some suggestions on what to bring with you:
• Linens and towels are provided. A coin-operated laundry is available at the Center.
• A small fan with extension cord.
• Sweatshirt/Jacket/Rain Gear/Poncho for cool evenings or rainy days.
• Swimming apparel and towel.
• Bug spray.
• Tennis Racquet.
• Your own snack food and any special dietary meals.
• A well labeled mug for water or coffee.
• An extra blanket or sleeping bag.
• Please DO NOT bring hairdryers, curling irons, coffee machines or other heat-producing appliances.
The SAMW store stocks music accessories, instructors CDs and cassettes, sweatshirts, mugs, t-shirts, and an assortment of music related items. Please see the schedule for store hours.
Our host site, the Geneva Point Center, operates a small store on the grounds offering many necessities and great ice cream!
The Geneva Point Center is located approximately 3 miles from a general store. In addition, Center Harbor is just 6 miles from the camp and Moultonboro is close by as well (refer to the map).
The Geneva Point Emergency Phone number is 603-253-4366. During off hours there is a beeper number on the answering machine for absolute emergencies.